From District Attorney Kevin Hayden’s Office:

BOSTON, June 15, 2022— A man who pleaded guilty less than two weeks ago to a five-month Fields Corner-area crime spree involving was back in court today after leading police on a high-speed chase in Dorchester, District Attorney Kevin Hayden said.

Following an evaluation by a mental health clinician, THANH LE, 50, was arraigned today in the Dorchester Division of Boston Municipal Court for receiving a stolen motor vehicle and other offenses.

Le’s arrest came less than two weeks after he entered a plea to resolve six different criminal cases in the Dorchester Division of BMC.  He pleaded guilty to charges including receiving a stolen motor vehicle, breaking and entering a motor vehicle, larceny, possession of a Class B substance and other offenses, all of which were committed over a brief, five-month period.

Prosecutors recommended that Le be sentenced to two years in the House of Corrections following by two years of probation, during which time he be ordered to undergo substance use disorder treatment, mental health evaluation and any treatment deemed necessary and to remain drug- and alcohol-free subject to random screens.

Judge Jonathan Tynes imposed a term of three years of probation and two years in the House of Correction, suspended for a probationary term of three years.  He imposed all of the probation conditions recommended by prosecutors.

“Less than two weeks ago we recommended incarceration for Le because his aberrant behavior posed an immediate and ongoing threat to the Fields Corner community. The presiding judge disagreed.  Now, Le is back in court after an extremely dangerous high-speed chase,” Hayden said. “My office will always put public safety first. We are also committed to working with our partners to ensure that incarcerated individuals have access to the services and supports to ensure that they exit the system better equipped for success than when they entered.”

In his new case, Le caught the attention of a Massachusetts State Police Trooper after he was observed reversing a gray Toyota Camry while operating the wrong way on an exit ramp of Interstate 93 N.  At the time, he was wearing a ski mask and sunglasses, which together concealed his entire face.

A search of the vehicle’s license plate revealed that it had been reported stolen during a June 7 carjacking in the area of St. Williams Street and Dorchester Avenue.

The Trooper attempted to stop the vehicle, which sped away at speeds of up to 80 miles per hour, prompting the Trooper to discontinue a pursuit.  At that time, the vehicle failed to navigate a turn in the roadway, driving onto a curb and striking another vehicle.  Le fled the vehicle on foot.  During a foot pursuit, he stopped and faced the Trooper while holding a glass pipe in one hand and concealing his other hand in his pocket.  During the confrontation, Le was Tased.  After being taken into custody, he was transported to an area hospital.

The June 7 carjacking and how the vehicle came to be in Le’s possession remain under investigation by Boston Police and Massachusetts State Police.

Le was represented by Shannon Dale.  He returns to court July 5 for a bail hearing.

One Comment

  1. wonhunglo June 16, 2022 at 3:33 pm - Reply

    Feel Connah glad to see him go. He clazee muddafukka.

Leave A Comment