From DA’s Office via Press Release
Juvenile also indicted
BOSTON, July 15, 2021 — Two Boston men and a juvenile were arraigned last month on multiple charges of armed robbery and assault with a dangerous weapon in connection with a series of hold ups targeting businesses in Suffolk County and elsewhere, Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins said.
NELSON PIRES, 20, of Dorchester, and ALEX RODRIGUES, 21, of Dorchester, are accused of participating in five and four armed robberies respectively the second half of 2020. Mr. Pires was ordered held on $20,000 bail and Mr. Rodrigues on $10,000. VAGNER BARBOSA, 18, of Dorchester, was indicted as a youthful offender. He was 17 at the time of the alleged robberies.
“This type of behavior tears at the fabric of neighborhoods. The employees of these businesses were robbed at gunpoint. Customers were present. All of these people are likely traumatized as a result of witnessing or being victims of this dangerous conduct. These are some of the collateral consequences from the actions Mr. Pires, Mr. Rodrigues, and Mr. Barbosa took during 2020,” said District Attorney Rachael Rollins. “I appreciate the dedicated and excellent work of Boston Police detectives and the able participation of our federal law enforcement partners in assisting us with bringing these charges.’’
Assistant District Attorney Nathan McGregor said evidence seized at the defendant’s residences, as well as video surveillance, and social media postings tie Mr. Pires, Mr. Rodrigues, and the juvenile to multiple robberies.
The two will return to Superior Court for a July 30 status hearing.
Attorney Jessica Tripp represents Mr. Pires and Mr. Rodriguez is represented by Christopher Kenney.