This Friday, the Ashmont Farmers Market enters its 13th season! Get fresh and nutritious food and support our local farmers and vendors!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the farmers market has been reformatted into a Grab & Go Market. This will allow for the safety for the community while continuing to be an access point for local, affordable, and nutritious food. In following the City of Boston’s Farmers Market Guide, and regulations set by the Boston Public Health Commission, you’re encouraged to pre-order items from vendors whenever possible either through their online portals or over the phone. Food items are required to be pre-packaged by vendors for easy & low contact Grab & Go pick up.
The market will run on Fridays 3-7pm from July 10th through October 30th,
You can find the vendor’s online sites here for more information on online and preordering.
As an essential food access point, the market will continue offering SNAP/HIP for qualified shoppers. Visit the SNAP/ EBT and HIP site for more details on how the program works.
At this time all entertainers, food demos, community and wellness activities are suspended.
You are also encourage families to consider coordinating with neighbors to send one person to purchase items for multiple individuals or families.
What to Expect Day of the Market
To access the Ashmont Farmers Market, specific entry/exit points have been designated along Droser (Ashmont T) Plaza. Please enter on the Ashmont Street side and exit at the Ashmont Station side. A limited number of customers will be allowed in the market at one time. When at capacity, customer wanting to enter the market must wait at the designated and physical distanced waiting line.
Guidelines REQUIRED for All Shoppers
- Face covering or masks and maintaining physical distance of 6 feet or more are required at all times.
- Whenever possible, order online from our vendors so you’re able to pick up your prepared order & minimize your time inside Droser Plaza.
- Please do not visit the market if you are ill.
- All attendees are required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon arrival at stations provided in the plaza.
- Please DO NOT TOUCH any food items while shopping. Allow vendors to get them for you.
- Limit your time in the market to 15 minutes or less.
Location & Parking for Farmers Market
During both the Summer and Holiday Market, 2 hour parking is available along Dorchester Avenue. For Dorchester residents who have parking permits, free parking is available along the side streets adjacent to Dorchester Ave.
We hope to have you join us for our opening this Friday and throughout the season!