One Boston Day is fast approaching and The Martin Richard Foundation will host a community Day of Service that includes a dozen service projects throughout Dorchester and a Service Village at Town Field. A moment of silence will be held at Town Field at 2:49 p.m.
Service projects will take place throughout Dorchester in the morning, and volunteers will gather at IBEW Local 103 for the afternoon, where projects will range from the creation of literacy kits and reusable grocery bags to hygiene kits for the homeless and ‘No More Hurting People, Peace’ banners. In 2015, Mayor Walsh announced a new annual Boston tradition as an opportunity to recognize the generosity, strength and kindness demonstrated by the people of Boston and those around the world in response to the tragedy that occurred when two bombs disrupted the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
The Martin Richard Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation that helps young people learn, grow and lead through volunteerism and community engagement. For more information, visit www.martinrichardfoundation.org/onebostonday.
10:30AM-12:30PM: Morning Service Sites
- Neponset River: clean up debris along river banks
- Dorchester Park: clean up park and uncover rain trenches
- Adam’s Village: clean up streets and area, planting
- Roberts Playground/Lee Academy Pilot School: clean up park and outdoor classroom, planting
- Ashmont/Peabody Square: street clean up, planting
- St. Mark’s: street clean up along Dot Ave
- Fields Corner: street clean up
- King School: outdoor classroom help and inside cleaning
- Geneva Avenue: “plogging” (jogging and litter pick up)
- Mather School: exterior cleaning and pick up
- Boys and Girls Club: outside street clean up
- Ryan Park: painting, clean up, mural painting
- Columbia Road: street clean up from Stitch House to Ryan Park
- Town Field: clean up park and garden in raised beds
12:30-3:30PM: Service Village
- Volunteers will come together to listen to live music, paint for peace, sew reusable bags for food banks, make literacy kits for local schools and hygiene kits for homeless shelters, create well wish cards and more, enjoying togetherness and community at IBEW Local 103
2:49PM: Moment of Silence in Remembrance of 4.15.13
We would love more of our neighbors to come join us to volunteer. Come be a part of an awesome community day!