Waayyyy old school
Back in 1928, on April 10th, a photographer captured Columbia station from Columbia Road. Today the station is known as JFK/UMass station.
It’s recognizable thanks to the set of stairs that lead to the platform below.
The Boston Elevated Railway began construction of Columbia station on the Dorchester Extension of the Cambridge–Dorchester Tunnel in 1925. Crescent Avenue station closed in July 1927; Columbia station opened on November 5, with an additional footbridge added in 1929.
The station was renamed JFK/UMass back in 1982.
Image via City of Boston Archives on Twitter