We love this!
There’s a new way to shop local this holiday season.
A collection of local makers in Dorchester have partnered with the Mather Elementary School’s Parent Council to launch a collection of gift boxes for sale this season. Each “Made in Dorchester” gift box features goods produced locally by small business owners in the neighborhood. A portion of the sale of each box will go toward fundraising efforts for the Mather Elementary School. By purchasing a box, shoppers can put their money back into the community, supporting small business owners and local schools at the same time.
The boxes come at three price points, $45, $70, and $100, and include a mix of items from the following small business:
● Holiday cookies from Top Shelf Cookies
● Mugs and cards from artist Jesse Haley
● Seasonal candles from Triple Decker Candle Co.
● Bee balms and beeswax ornaments from Dot Bee Co.
● Locally-harvested honey from Renovation Husbands
● Goodnow Farms Chocolate bars featuring Boston Harbor Distillery spirits
● Granola from home.stead bakery
● Vietnamese coffee roasted by Reign Drink Lab
Boxes will be on sale at www.MadeInDorchester.com through December 15 and will be available for local pickup at home.stead bakery in Fields Corner during normal business hours.
For more information email: [email protected]
Image via Stephen St. Russell