If you are one of those “adventurous” types that likes to wait for hours on a blanket until dusk to listen to the Boston Pops and sneak a peek at the fireworks, then you should probably be aware that security will be tight this year.
Enhanced security measures will be in place and additional police will be out in force.
Here are a list of items you shouldn’t take with you:
- No coolers on wheels.
- No backpacks.
- No firearms, 2eapons, sharp objects or fireworks.
- No glass containers.
- No cans
- No pre-mixed beverages
- All liquids will be carried in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters in size
- No alcohol
- No grilling, propane tanks or open flames
- No bikes
- No drones
- Pop up tents and canopies without sides cannot exceed 10X10
- Blankets or tarps cannot be bigger than 10X12
- Folding/beach chairs only
- Small clutches or purses can be taken in following inspection with your clear bag
- Coolers carried by shoulder strap or a single handle (no coolers on wheels)
Image via BostonUSA.com
Maureen Dahill is the editor of Caught in Southie and a lifelong resident of South Boston sometimes mistaken for a yuppie. Co-host of Caught Up, storyteller, lover of red wine and binge watching TV series. Mrs. Peter G. Follow her @MaureenCaught.
Leave A Comment