If you are one of those “adventurous” types that like to wait for hours on a blanket until dusk to listen to the Boston Pops and sneak a peek at the fireworks, then you should probably be aware that security is tight.
- No coolers on wheels.
- No backpacks.
- No firearms, weapons, sharp objects, or fireworks.
- No glass containers.
- No cans.
- No pre-mixed beverages.
- All liquids will be carried in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters in size.
- No grilling, propane tanks, or open flames.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue but must not be left unattended. Bicycles attached or locked to security fences, poles, or other structures may be subject to removal. No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue but must not be left unattended. (This measure is being enacted for public safety and crowd management in the event a speedy evacuation becomes necessary at the Esplanade.)
- Pop-up tents/canopies with no sides – maximum size 10’x10’.
- Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10’x 10’.
- Folding/beach chairs only.
- Coolers, which must be carried in by shoulder strap or single handle (no wheeled coolers).
- All personal items must be carried in clear bags only.
- After inspection, small clutch bags/purses may be taken into the venue with the clear bag.