On Friday, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation announced the winners of their first “Name a Snowplow” contest. School kids were invited to submit suggestions to represent their elementary and middle school classrooms.
Here are the 12 Names Chosen
- Blizzard of Oz – BPS’ James F. Condon School, 5th grade
- Sherlock Snowmes – Somerville’s John F. Kennedy School, 4th grade
- Snow Big Deal – Malden’s TEC Connections Academy Online School, 5th grade
- Sled Zeppelin – Shelburne Falls’ Buckland-Shelburne Elementary School, 6th grade
- Snow Day No Way – Hadley Elementary School 5th grade
- Snow Time to Lose – Attleboro’s Wamsutta Middle School, 7th grade
- Flurry Fighter – Pittsfield’s Crosby Elementary School, 4th grade
- Blizzard Wizard – Boylston’s Tahanto Regional Middle School, 8th grade
- Luke Snowalker – Westfield’s Munger Hill School, 3rd grade
- Plower Ranger – Fitchburg’s Reingold Elementary School, 1st grade
- Snowdrop – Stoughton’s Wilkins Elementary School, kindergarten
- Arctic Beast – Canton’s JFK Elementary School, 2nd grade
Each winner’s classroom will receive a $100 gift card for school supplies and get a visit from the MassDOT snowplow vehicle with the winning name on it! How cool is that!
With names like Sled Zeppelin and Snow Time to Lose, it makes getting two feet of snow a little more fun, right?
Maureen Dahill is the editor of Caught in Southie and a lifelong resident of South Boston sometimes mistaken for a yuppie. Co-host of Caught Up, storyteller, lover of red wine and binge watching TV series. Mrs. Peter G. Follow her @MaureenCaught.
Leave A Comment